Join The OBWS Team
Official Black Wall Street is the largest next generation digital platform and app tackling economic inequalities in the entrepreneurial world for African Americans through cooperative economics. With the help of OBWS, consumers all around the world are able to find and support Black-owned businesses with ease.
If you’d like to join us on our movement, check out our openings below, click APPLY and send your resume to email@example.com
FINANCE & RESEARCH INTERNSHIP
We are currently looking for a detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-minded, finance intern to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about Black culture and supporting Black business growth, and great with data sourcing and organization.
- Work closely with the CFO to develop an organized cost structure for the company
- Collaborate with CEO and CFO to determine valuation structure
- Review and revise existing pitch deck content
- Support and drive the evolution of the platform and leverage the power of micro-business apps to accurately account revenues for flagship events.
- General cost accounting knowledge
- Prior finance work experience
- Entrepreneurial valuation skills a plus
- Attention to detail, accuracy, process-oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal communication (including presentation) skills
- Data driven problem-solving capability
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or MBA program for Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 desired
We are currently looking for a dope Graphic Designer to ideate and create on-brand and engaging graphics for a variety of platforms and media. This is a paid project-based position.
- Conceptualize and create visuals for special projects, social media, and marketing materials to effectively reach the OBWS audience
- Attend team calls to determine scope of upcoming projects
- Work with CEO and CFO throughout the design process to ensure that all materials are on-brand
- Work with Social Media Manager to brainstorm and create visuals for social platforms.
- Prior Graphic Design experience required
- Must be familiar with Black millennial consumer base
- Expert knowledge in design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
We are currently looking for a detail oriented and woke social media intern to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about Black culture and supporting Black businesses, great with copy creation and visual storytelling. This is an unpaid position for credit.
- Source/create and post/schedule daily content on all social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr)
- Brainstorm creative ways to highlight Black-owned businesses and Black excellence
- Able to identify quality content that is on brand with OBWS
- Engage with followers and grow social platforms
- Manage and update the social media content calendar
- Watch for trending topics and stories within the Black community, fact-checking information before posting
- Coordinate social media campaigns to highlight Black businesses and entrepreneurs
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous social media experience required
- Passion for all things Black culture
- Experience with design programs such as Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Have a working knowledge of hashtags and how to use them preferred
- Enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or MBA program for Marketing or Communications